IWS - Avalon Office
P.O. Box 2500
Avalon, CA 90704
Ph.D. - Zoology - Colorado State University, 1998
M.S. - Zoology - Southern Illinois University, 1991
B.S. - Ecology/Ethology/Evolution - University of Illinois, 1988
- 1997 - Present: Research Wildlife Ecologist, Institute for Wildlife Studies, Avalon, California. Directing bald eagle restoration and monitoring projects on Santa Catalina (1997-present) and Santa Cruz (2002-present) Islands, CA. Also direct small-scale osprey reintroduction on Santa Catalina Island, golden eagle relocation program on the northern Channel Islands (2006-present) and assist with island fox research on several of the California Channel Islands.
- 1996: Biological Science Technician, National Biological Service, Ft. Collins, Colorado. Developing, managing, and analyzing database on shorebird distributions during spring and fall migration throughout midcontinent North America.
- 1991 - 1994: Graduate Research Assistant, Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, Colorado. Conducted research on behavioral ecology of Townsend's ground squirrels in southwestern Idaho.
- 1991: Biological Technician, U.S. Forest Service, Tiller, Oregon. Surveyed for northern spotted owls in the Umpqua National Forest.
- 1991: Research Technician, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois.Collected behavioral data on imprinted ruffed grouse.
- 1988 - 1990: Graduate Research Assistant, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois. Monitored population of reintroduced ruffed grouse in southern Illinois through trapping and radio-telemetry. Assisted in quail counts and operation of deer and rabbit check stations. Conducted research on ruffed grouse habitat use using imprinted ruffed grouse.
- Wildlife ecology and conservation
- Behavioral ecology
- Effects of contaminants on wildlife populations
- Human/wildlife interactions
- Wildlife - habitat relationships
- Remote video monitoring systems